What Can Parents do to Help Their Child?
- Praise your child for his/her effort and good work and celebrate the successes.
- Know the teacher’s expectations and reinforce these with your child at home.
- Explain how your child, the teacher, and you are working together to ensure academic success for your child
- Provide a quiet place for your child to study
- Let your child do the homework himself, only assist when a question arises
- Ask your child’s teacher to explain the skills and concepts your child has not achieved.
- Enroll your child in programs available to help your child meet grade level expectations.
- Ask your child’s teacher to share how the supplemental or intervention program will help your child with his/her specific needs.